MARRAKECH TO FES DESERT TOUR – 4 DAYS
Travel from Marrakech to Fes on a 4-day Morocco Sahara desert tour filled with jaw-dropping scenery. From crossing the High Atlas Mountains, to exploring the fascinating Kasbahs towering every Morocco desert oasis. Soak in the breath-taking sand dunes of Merzouga while watching a magical sunset on the back of your camel, and end the day with lifetime experience of spending the night at your Sahara desert camp.
- Cross the high Atlas Mountains from Marrakech to Ouarzazate
- Discover the remarkably preserved Kasbahs of Ait Ben Hadou and Amrdil
- Join your guide for a walk in the oasis of Todgha to learn about the Berber culture
- Ride your camel in Erg Chebbi and watch a stunning sunset view in the horizon
- Spend the night at your luxury Sahara desert camp
- Watch Barbary apes in Middle Atlas Mountains on your way to Fes
MARRAKECH TO FES DESERT TOUR ITINERARY
Day 1 : 6 hours drive
Marrakech – Ait Ben Hadou – Ouarzazate – Boumalne Dades
Start your 4-day Marrakech to Fes desert tour with an early departure ( 07h30 AM ) towards the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi Ntichka pass driving along the scenic drive past Berber villages. Continue to the UNESCO world heritage Kasbah of Ait Ben Hadou, famed for its Gladiator and Game of Thrones sets. Explore the Kasbah accompanied with a local Berber guide. Continue to Ouarzazate, the Hollywood of Africa, where you might want to stop for a visit of Atlas Film Studios, one of the largest open air Studios in the world. In the afternoon, we follow the road the of the Kasbahs towards the oasis of Skoura, famous for its most preserved Kasbah in Morocco: Amrdil, surrounded by lush green palm trees oasis. We will conclude the day with a drive along the road of 1001 Kasbahs, and the valley of the roses towards your hotel located next to Dades Canyons.
Day 2 : 4 hours drive
Boumalne Dades – Tinghir – Rissani – Merzouga
Today’s adventure will begin with a drive to the oasis of Tnghir, a former military post during the French occupation of Morocco. It is famed for having hosted in important Jewish community until 1960s. Meet you local guide for a walk in the oasis along the stream, watching local Berbers working the fields. End your walk with the stunning views of Todgha Canyons. In the afternoon, we continue to Rissani, a holy city and the cradle of the Alaouite Dynasty, who rules Morocco until today. Visit the date market before you continue to Merzouga. Dinner and overnight will take place at one of the lodges, only a couple hundred meters from the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi.
Day 3 :
Explore Merzouga and Erg Chebbi
After a late breakfast, get ready to get your first taste of the Sahara desert: hop on your vehicle for a visit of Tisserdmine oasis and meet local nomads, who are hospitable enough to invite you to share a cup of mint tea. From the horizon, you will spot the Hamada stretching to the sharp cliffs marking the Algerian borders. In the afternoon, meet your camel caravan, pick a camel, and follow your guide! Admire beautiful 360-degree views of the desert landscape as the sun slowly sets over the colour changing dunes of Erg Chebbi. Arrive at your Sahara desert camp just before it gets dark and settle up in your tent. Dinner will be served under the stars next to the campfire. Walk to the nearest dune to admire the crystal clear sky, or join your local hos nomads playing their tamtam drums.
Day 4 : 7 hours drive
Merzouga – Midelt – Fes
Today, you can opt for an early wake up to watch the sun rises on top of one of the sand dunes next to your desert camp. After breakfast, meet your driver to travel to Fes. First, you will drive along Ziz Valley, famous for its Ksours (fortified villages ) and lush green oases dotted with date pam trees. Then, you will arrive to Midelt, located in the heart of the Middle Atlas Mountains. This region is known for its apple farms, as well as mining industry. From here, continue to Fes through the cedar forests of the Middle Atlas Mountains with a couple stops in Azrou, t watch the Barbary apes and Ifran for a cup of coffee. Arrive Fes late in the afternoon, and your 4 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour will conclude with a drop off at your hotel or the nearest accessible point to your riad.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- - This tour can be tailored to a 4 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour if you wish
- - Driving times above do not include stops for sightseeing, photos, lunch and cafe
- - Tour price is per person and it depends on how many passengers in your party
- - Pick up from Res can be flexible during spring and summer
- - Local guides and entrance fees ( if any ) are not included. You pay for those directly to the suppliers.
- - Hat, sunglasses, good walking shoes and wet napping are of good use during this tour
- A/C modern 4×4 or van driven by an English speaking river /guide
- Pick up from your Marrakaech hotel / Riad
- First night at Hotel Panorama or Hotel Babylon (Private A/C ensuite room) with dinner & breakfast
- Sunset camel ride in Erg Chebbi
- Second night at a Merzouga lodge including dinner and breakfast.
- Overnight at a Saharara desert camp in Erg Chebbi ( Private tent ) with shared bathrooms – Showers available in the morning at the camp operator’s lodge – Dinner and breakfast are included.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite tent available upon booking your Marrakech to Fes desert tour ( €70 per person )
- Drop off at your Fes hotel or the closest accessible location to your Fes riad if not car accessible.
- Entrance fees if any
- Local guides if any
- Lunches on the way
Price per person
|Number of Participants||1||2||3||4||5||6||7-9||10-13||14-17|
|Price per person||875€||495€||390€||340€||290€||265€||250€||230€||190€|
You May Also Like
Marrakech to Chefchaouen via Sahara desert and Fes
Marrakech to Merzouga Desert Tour – 4 days
Toubkal summit and Sahara desert trek – 5 days