Best shared day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech
BEST VALUE FOR MONEY
Essaouira, or Mogador is an old fort and fishing port located within 2 hours drive from Marrakech. It is considered one of the most popular day tours out of Marrakech.
A full day Marrakech to Essaouira tour is by far the most appreciated day tours by our clients: Many of them discover that hidden gem for the first time. Right away they decide to come back for sure to a short break in the peaceful and artsy and hippy town of Essaouira.
|Price per person :||22€||Days of operation:||Daily||Number of participants:||17 Max|
DAY TRIP FROM MARRAKECH TO ESSAOUIRA HIGHLIGHTS
- Walk to the fishing port of Essaouira and watch the blue boats
- Visit Skala Kasbah, which was a citadel in the times of war
- Explore some of the beautiful Essaouira art galleries scattered in the Medina
- Stroll in the Medina of Essaouira, which can be explored at ease
- Shop at leisure for some local souvenirs
- Have a seafood lunch in the harbor stalls or at a local café terrace
- Walk down the beach and watch local boys playing football
- Sunbathe at the 6 km long sandy beach
Below is the Shared Marrakech to Essaouira day tour itinerary
- 1 DAY :
Marrakech – Essaouira 6 HOURS DRIVE
Your day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech will begin with a drive along the Haouz palnes to Chichaoua village where you will stop for a cup of coffee before you continue to Sidi Mokhtar. On your way, you will cross the Argan trees forest, where you will spot some goats climbing the trees. Stop and take some photos before you carry on to Essaouira.
To watch how the Argan oil (also called the liquid gold, or Moroccan oil) is extracted, you will visit a local ladies’ cooperative and learn how some fine cosmetic products are locally made out of the rich Argan oil.
From here, we will carry on to Essaouira. Upon arrival, you will explore the beautiful city at leisure. Out of experience, Exploring Essaouira is easy on your own: Locals are very friendly, the Medina is pretty small (compared to other old towns in Morocco), and its streets are in order. You definitely do not need a guide for the tour of the city. You can easily explore the Medina on your own as its streets are aligned opposite to each other unlike every other maze-like Medina in Morocco. Should you insist on one, your driver will help you hire a local guide.
First, you can visit the harbor with its fishing port and old Portuguese fortifications. You can still see medieval war cannons aligned in order overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Continue to the Medina ( old city ) with its well kept fortification dating to the 18th century. The major landmark of the Medina is La Scala, which was built against foreign attacks from the sea. You can continue to Bab Laalouj ( One of the main gates of Essaouira, then to the Mellah ( the old Jewish quarter.
Along the way, various art shops, galleries, souvenir shops and thuya wood craft shops are aligned in order. Choose one of the local cafes for a delicious seafood lunch and head to Kasbah famous for having served as a military bastion. If you are a beach lover, enjoy a walk along the sandy beach of Mogador, and maybe watch locals playing beach ball. If you are brave enough, why not join a game for a few minutesPeople from Essaouira are very friendly!! If not you can sunbathe while watching waterspouts amateurs kitesurfing or windsurfing.
Late in the afternoon, drive back to Marrakech, and your full day tour to Essaouira will end with a drop off at your hotel or the nearest car accessible point to your riad.
- - Essaouira might be windy an cold, even when Marrakech is extremely hot
- - If you choose to hire a local guide, please do so at your own discretion, they do not work for us
- - Please kindly note this is not a guided tour. However, you will have an English speaking driver
- - People looking after goats climbing Argan trees expect a tip from you when taking photos
- Pick up from your hotel / or the nearest car accessible point to your Riad in Marrakech
- A/C modern minibus (no more than 17 passengers) driven by an English speaking driver
- Drop off at your hotel or Marrakech city center.
- Lunch & beverages
- Local guide
You May Also Like