Morocco desert tour from Casablanca via Chefchaouen & Fes
Savour every taste of Morocco on a one-week Morocco Tour. From paying homage to Casablanca’s legendary classic to the mystical Marrakech.
Starting in the metropolitan Casablanca, we will sweep through to Chefchaouen and Roman ruins of Volubilis before we reach Fes, the Athens of Africa. Next up is Morocco’s legendary Sahara desert to ride a camel in the dunes, sleep under the stars in a Bedouin camp and drive past lush green oases and canyons before you end your tour in the mystical city of Marrakech.
- Visit Casablanca and its state of the art Hassan II Mosque
- Drive to the blue city of Chefchaouen
- Visit the Roman ruins of Volubilis
- Walk in the labyrinthine Medina of Fes
- Drive across Morocco Sahara desert
- Ride your camel and spend the night in nomadic desert camp
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains to Marrakech past Berber villages
Casablanca – Chefchaouen – Fes - Sahara desert - Marrakech tour itinerary:
Day 1 : 5 hours drive
Casablanca – Chefchaouen
Meet your driver / guide at Casablanca airport (Or hotel) and head straight to the Architectural wonder of Hassan II mosque, the second largest mosque in the world. The mosque can fit more than 100 thousand worshipers within its interior along with its terrace. This mosque is also one of the few mosques that allow non-Muslims inside for guided and scheduled visit. From here we continue to The Blue City of Chefchaouen driving past several villages and small towns. Dinner and overnight at your Chefchaouen Riad
Day 2 : 4 hours drive
Chefchaouen – Fes
After breakfast in your riad, explore the gorgeous town of Chefchaouen filled with beauty and little hidden places. enjoy a walk in Chefchaouen charming narrow streets with blue and white colours painted on every house creating a marvellous picture. In the afternoon, we will continue to the Roman archaeological site of Volubilus for cultural guided visit. Late in the afternoon, we arrive in Fes. Dinner and overnight in your riad.
Day 3 :
After breakfast, meet your local guide to visit the spiritual capital of Morocco and one of the oldest cities in the Kingdom. Fes ( or Fez ) is considered the “Athens of Africa” thanks to its rich cultural, religious heritage and educational institutions. You will take a guided tour of the ancient imperial city and start by visiting the broad esplanade of the Royal Palace, with its luxurious architecture. From here, you will continue to the 16th century Borj Sud and enjoy a dazzling view of the walled city. Then, you will delve deep Into the UNESCO world heritage Medina. Walk through narrow streets, charming bazaars, ancient madrassas ( Old Koranic colleges ) and hillside shrines. Visit the bustling Nejjarine Square, and discover Moroccan art in the Dar Batha Museum. Fes will not fail to capture you with its abundant places to see. After finishing your tour of the city, you will spend the night at your riad or hotel to get some rest. PS: Dinner tonight will be at leisure to allow you the opportunity to dine at one of the Moroccan restaurants. If you need assistance with that, please let us know.
Day 4 : 7 hours drive
Fes – Midelt – Merzouga
After breakfast, start today’s journey with a drive across the fertile Saiss plains to the Berber towns of fran and Azrou. Both towns are located in the Middle Atlas Mountains and famous for being ski resorts and a winter/spring holiday destination for the locals. Carry on the drive through the cedar forest past Barbary Monkeys roaming around to the Berber town of Midelt where you will get ready to have lunch at leisure. From here, you will continue through Ziz Valley driving past one of the most spectacular date palm trees oases to reach one of the major Moroccan cities in the Sahara desert, Errachidia. After a quick stop in Errachidia, you will head to Rissani, which is considered one of the holiest towns in Morocco, as it is the birth origins of the dynasty ruling Morocco up to this day. After a short stop, continue to Merzouga and meet your camel caravan. Enjoy a ride on the back of your camel over Erg Chebbi dunes, while you admire a stunning view of the sun turning to different shades of orange before sunset. Your camel caravan will take you to your Sahara desert camp where you will get settled in your private tent, and enjoy a Moroccan dinner under the shining stars and the echoes of the local nomadic drum music.
Day 5 : 5 HOURS DRIVE
MERZOUGA – BOUMALNE DADES
Today will have an early start for those who don’t want to miss sunrise. After breakfast, we will launch our day with a drive to Rissani. Your day in Rissani will be marked with a trip to the historical locations of Mausoleum of Moulay Ali Cherif, the founder of the Alaouites Dynasty, and maybe another trip to the famous dates market. We will then continue to Tinghir, one of the Sahara desert oases famous for having hosted Jewish communities until 1960s. You will also join a local guide who will introduce you to the Mellah, the old Jewish quarter, and from there continue to the oasis of Todgha, where you will be given the chance to take a walk along the stream under the shade of the oasis tree, and witness the daily life activities of the local Berbers. Continue to the Todgha Gorges where you will have some time to chill and maybe have lunch there at one of the local cafes. In the afternoon, we will head to Dades valley and then to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 6 : 6 hours drive
Boumalne Dades – Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou – Marrakech
After breakfast, we will take off and drive cross the 1road of 1001 Kasbahs and the Valley of the Roses. If your tour coincides with spring season, you will have the chance to witness local ladies’ artisanal rose water distilling workshops. After this, you will also have the chance to visit the famous oasis of Skoura, where you will walk to Kasbah of Amridil,; one of the most preserved Kasbahs in Morocco, to learn all there is to know about the Kasbahs architecture, the life style that distinguishes the sahara desert, irrigation techniques and costumes. We will then carry on with our trip to Ouarzazate where we will have lunch, before we hit the road to Marrakech, we will make one more stop and visit the UNESCO world heritage fortified village of Casbah Ait Ben Hadou. It is famous for being a used as set for various Hollywood blockbusters, fashion magazines photo shoots, as well as world known brands commercials. Our drive back to Marrakech will be through the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi Ntichka pass. You will arrive to Marrakech late in the afternoon and your Chefchaouen to Marrakech tour will come to an end with a drop off at the door of your hotel, riad, or any other destination of your choice.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- - Pick up from Casablanca could be at Mohamed V airport or any hotel in the area.
- - Should you wish to tailor this Tour to your interests and timetable, please let us know.
- - The above accommodations are not guaranteed on high season, the sooner you book the better chance we have to secure them.
- - Tour price per person depends on how many participants there are in your party.
- - Driving times above do not include stops for sightseeing, photos, lunch and cafe.
- - Entrance fees to historical sites are not included. That way we do not charge you for sites you are not interested to visit.
- - A 4x4 can seat up to 4 adult passengers comfortably if there are 5 participants and up, a van will be used for your tour
- - Pick up time for your desert tour can be flexible. Between 07h30 and 08h00 AM is highly recommended.
- A/C modern 4x4 or van driven by an English / French speaking driver / guide
- First night in Chefchaouen Riad including dinner and breakfast
- Second night at a Fes Riad including dinner and breakfast
- Third night at a Fes Riad including breakfast.
- Fourth night in Merzouga Sahara desert camp including camel ride, dinner and breakfast
- Fifth night in Dades Valley hotel including dinner and breakfast
- Local guide in Fes, Tinghir and Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
- Entrance fees to historical sites (That way we won’t charge you for sites you are not interested to visit)
- Beverages for dinners included in your tour
- Lunches during the tour
- Tips to your driver
Price per person
|Number of Participants||1||2||3||4||5||6||7 -9||10-13||14-17|
|Price per person||1350€||845€||585€||485€||450€||430€||410€||385€||350€|
You May Also Like
Marrakech to Chefchaouen via Sahara desert and Fes
Marrakech to Merzouga Desert Tour – 4 days
Toubkal summit and Sahara desert trek – 5 days