Marrakech desert tours 3 days
PRIVATE MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DESERT TOUR
Take a private 3-day Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour and explore the real Morocco. Enjoy breath taking scenery ranging from snow topped Atlas Mountains to the color changing sand dunes of Erg Chebbi. Visit mud-brick fortified Berber settlements and Casbahs. Explore lush green oases and lime stone canyons. The moment you sit in the back of your camel and watch the sunset on your way to your Merzouga desert camp, you will realize this Sahara desert journey is really worth it!
Here are the Marrakech to Merzouga 3 day desert tour highlights :
- Traverse the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi N'tichka pass
- Spend time in the Casbah of Air Ben Hadou and explore the Berber village
- Take a promenade along the stream in Todra oasis to the majestic gorges
- Sit in the back of your camel and enjoy the views of Erg Chebbi with its dramatic sunset
- Enjoy a Berber dinner under the stars and spend the night at your Merzouga desert camp
This is the itinerary of the 3 days Marrakech to Merzouga desert Tour :
- Day 1 :
Marrakech – Atlas Mountains – Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou – Dades Valley (06H00 DRIVE)
Your 3 days Marrakech to Merzouga desert tour will start at around 07h30 in the morning from your riad or hotel.
We will start our 3-day Morocco desert tour with a drive to Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou. First, we will need to drive through Tizi Ntichka pass and the High Atlas Mountains. Numerous stops will be made along the way. Visit the UNESCO world heritage Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. This amazing village was also served as a set for various Hollywood blockbusters.
We continue to Ouarzazate for lunch ( At leisure ). In the afternoon, we drive to the oasis of Skoura, known for its Kasbah of Amridil, which is worth a visit.
From here we continue our journey via the Valley of the Roses and the village of Kalaa Mgouna. This area of Morocco is famous for its Damascus rose distillation factories. Behind your car window, you will witness some amazing fortified adobe Berber settlements called Ksours. At the end of the day, we reach our hotel located in Dades Valley.
Dinner and overnight
- Day 2 :
Boumalne Dades – Tinghir – Merzouga – Sahara Desert (04H00 DRIVE)
After breakfast, drive through the 1001 Kasbahs road to Tinghir. Upon arrival to this marvelous oasis, you can enjoy a walk along Todgha River Banks. Visit Berber Villages and Ksours. Only when you reach the amazing huge cliffs of Todgha canyons, you will realize your morning adventure was really worth it!
Treat yourself to a delicious Berber lunch at leisure in the Gorges before you continue to Merzouga.
Upon arrival at Erg Chebbi, meet your camel caravan where the road end. Ride your camel and drive over the colour changing sand dunes to watch one of the most dramatic sunsets ever.
Arrive at your Sahara desert camp just before it gets dark. After you settle in your tent, Enjoy climbing one of the nearby sand dunes to marvel the tranquility of the desert. A well deserved Moroccan dinner will be served under the stars. Now, you will get ready to test your drumming skills with the nomads. Around the camp fire, your camp hosts will entertain you with their Tamtam drums. Take advantage of the near by dunes exposing a great display of shooting stars and crystal clear constellations.
Overnight at your Sahara desert camp.
- Day 3 :
Merzouga – Ouarzazate – Atlas Mountains – Marrakech (9H00 DRIVE)
Today, get ready for an early Erg Chebbi sunrise camel ride before you meet your guide.
Drive back to Marrakech through the Volcanic landscapes of the Anti Atlas Mountains to the village of Nkob. Once in Ouarzazate, feel free to ask your driver to stop at the film Studios if you wish. You can have lunch at leisure in the city center. Early in the afternoon, continue your drive crossing the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi Ntichka pass.
Your Private 3 days desert trip from Marrakech to Merzouga will end at your hotel or riad mid afternoon.
- - Tour price per person depends on how many participants there are in your party
- - Driving times above do not include stops for sightseeing, photos, lunch and cafe
- - Day 3 driving back from Erg Chebbi to Marrakech is pretty long. Please be prepared for it
- - A 4x4 can seat up to 4 adult passengers comfortably if there are 5 participants and up, a van will be used for your tour
- - Local guides and entrance fees ( if any ) are not included. You pay for those directly to the suppliers
- - Pick up time for your desert tour can be flexible. Between 07h30 and 08h00 AM is highly recommended.
- - If you wish to experience sand boarding in the dunes of Erg Chebbi, there are a few sand boards in the lodge to take with you to the camp. Just ask for it and if available, you will be given one
- A/C modern 4×4 or van driven by an English speaking river /guide.
- Pick up from your Marrakaech hotel / Riad.
- First night at Auberge Panorama or Hotel Babylon (Private A/C ensuite room) with dinner & breakfast.
- Sunset camel rides in Erg Chebbi.
- Overnight at a Sahara desert camp located at the edge of Erg Chebbi ( Private tent ) with shared bathrooms – Showers available in the morning at the camp operator’s lodge – Dinner and breakfast are included.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite tent available upon booking your desert tour ( €70 per person )
- Drop off at your Marrakech hotel or the closest accessible location to your riad if not car accessible.
- Entrance fees if any
- local guides if any
Price per person
|Number of Participants||2||3||4||5||6||7||8-10||11-13||14-17|
|Price per person||295€||225€||185€||165€||155€||149€||145€||125€||119€|
You May Also Like