2 days desert tour from Marrakech
Private Marrakech to Zagora 2-day desert trip
Your private 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora is your best chance to discover Morocco’s Sahara desert at a glance. This is the best overnight desert trip from Marrakech: It will introduce you to the Saharan landscapes of Draa Valley and Zagora desert. Drive across the High Atlas Mountains and walk to Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou. At the end of the day, Ride your camel while watching a spectacular sunset. At night, join the Berber nomads playing Tam-Tam drums around the camp fire. That would be the highlight of your Marrakech 2-day desert tour.
2 days Marrakech to Zagora desert safari - Highlights :
- Drive across the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi Ntichka pass
- Visit the Berber village of Ait Ben Hadou, famous for its world heritage Kasbah
- Drive along Draa Valley with its fortified villages, palm trees dotted rivers and oases
- Ride your camel watching the sunset at Zagora desert
- Sleep under the stars at your Berber desert camp
- Visit Ouarzazate with its Taourirt Kasbah and Atlas Film Studios
Marrakech to Zagora overnight desert tour - Itinerary
Day 1 : (7 HOURS DRIVE)
Marrakech – Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou – Agdz – Zagora Desert
You depart your 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora from your hotel or riad early in the morning (Around 07h30) to Zagora through Tizi Ntichka pass ( 2260 m. alt ) and cross various Berber villages on the way. Different stops will be made along the way to enjoy the scenery, take photos or just sip a cup of mint tea and stretch your legs.
Upon arrival to Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou, enjoy a short visit of this world heritage site used previously a set for various Hollywood epics like Gladiator and Lawrence of Arabia. An hour visit of the Village will be organized at leisure with a local guide.
After lunch at leisure in either Kasbah Air Ben Hadou, or further in Ourrzazate, you’ll drive past the Anti Atlas Mountains, the Berber Village of Agdez, and Draa Valley with its hundreds of thousands of date palm trees. Draa Valley is considered the largest date palm plantation in Morocco.
We arrive Zagora late afternoon to get ready for a camel trek over the Zagora desert and watch a spectacular sunset before driving your camel back to your Sahara desert camp for a Moroccan dinner with drums entertainment under the stars.
Day 2 : (7 HOURS DRIVE)
Zagora Desert – Ouarzazate – Atlas Mounains – Marrakech
After an early wake up for a camel ride and sunrise watch over the horizon, and a Moroccan breakfast, depart to Ouarzazate, where you can visit Tourirte Kasbah before lunch at leisure, and then continue back to Marrakech via Tizi Ntichka pass.
You should arrive back to your hotel or riad in Marrakech by late afternoon. Your 2 days Marrakech to Zagora desert tour will end by a drop off at your hotel.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO: Marrakech Desert Tours 2 Days
- - Please kindly note that Zagora is flat rock desert, there are barely any sand dunes
- - Driving time from Marrakech to Zagora ( not including stops for sightseeing, drinks, lunch …. ) is 7 hours
- - Winter season is very clod in Zagora desert, please make sure you bring warm sleeping clothes
- - Roughly 1 hour sunset and morning sunrise camel rides is included
- - Please make sure you wear jeans or long shorts with for your Zagora desert camel trek to avoid skin contact with the camel saddle
- - Your Zagora desert camp has electricity to charge your cameras and phone in the public areas, but not inside your tent.
- - Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and good walking shoes are essential for this tour
- - If you choose the comfortable camp ( included in the Zagora tour price ), please bring your bathroom condiments and a towel. If you choose to upgrade to the luxury camp, they are supplied within your ensuite bathroom.
- A/C modern 4×4 or van driven by an English speaking river /guide
- Pick up from your Marrakaech hotel / Riad
- Sunset camel ride
- Overnight at a Sahara desert camp in Zagora ( Private tent ) with shared bathrooms and showers. Dinner and breakfast are included.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite tent available upon booking your desert tour ( €70 per person )
- Sunrise camel ride
- Drop off at your Marrakech hotel or the closest accessible location to your Marrakech riad if not car accessible.
- Entrance fees if any
- Optional local guide in Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
- lunches on the way
Price per person
|Number of Participants||2||3||4||5||6||7||8-10||11-13||14-17|
|Price per person||189€||149€||129€||115€||105€||95€||90€||85€||80€|
You May Also Like
Marrakech to Chefchaouen via Sahara desert and Fes
Marrakech to Merzouga Desert Tour – 4 days
Toubkal summit and Sahara desert trek – 5 days