Group 2-day desert tour from Marrakech
BEST overnight Sahara desert safari from Marrakech
Travel from Marrakech to Zagora on a 2-day desert trip. Visit Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou en route to Ouarzazate. Hop on your camel for an hour camel trek, and spend a night at Sahara desert camp in Zagora.
|Price per person :||65€||Days of operation:||Daily||Number of participants:||17 Max|
2-Day Marrakech Desert Trip - Highlights
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains & Tizi Ntichka pass.
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Casbah Ait Ben Haddou
- Drive along Draa Valley, famous for its date palm tree plantations
- Enjoy a spectacular Zagora desert sunset camel ride
- Spend the night in a Berber desert camp in Zagora
- Visit Ouarzazate the Gate to Morocco's Sahara desert
2 Days Desert Tour from Marrakech to Zagora - Itinerary
DAY 1 :
(8 HOURS DRIVE)
KASBAH AIT BEN HADOU
Your shared 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora departs around 07h30 AM joining a group tour to Zagora through Tizi Ntichka pass ( 2260 m. alt ) driving past different adobe Berber villages, and locals herding their goats. Stop in the middle of the High Atlas Mountains to take some pictures, stretch your legs or have a cup of coffee.
Upon arrival to Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou, you will have some free time to explore the UNESCO world heritage village, and its famous Kasbah, that has been used as a set for various Biblical epics as well as a backdrop for commercial and modelling photo shoots. Should you wish to join the group on a guided tour, there is an extra fee of €3.00 euros per person for your local guide. After the visit of the Kasbah, you will have an hour lunch break at leisure.
From here, we will continue to driving past Ouarzazate and will cross the North-eastern parts of the Anti Atlas Mountains to the oasis of Agdz. After a quick stop in the village centre, get ready to admire one amazing scenery after another driving along Draa Valley with its fortified Kasbahs and oases dotted with hundreds of thousands of dates palm trees. Draa Valley hosts the largest palm tree plantation in Morocco.
Upon arrival at Zagora desert late in the afternoon, we meet our camel caravans, and our camel trekking adventure will begin through Zagora desert while assisting to an amazing sunset for about an hour. Please kindly note that there are barely any sand dunes in Zagora.
Just before it gets dark, we drive our camels to our Berber desert camp nestled in the middle of nowhere. A delicious Moroccan dinner will be served tonight at your bedouin camp. Right after dinner, get ready for a fantastic drums show next to the campfire. Your local desert nomads hosts will be playing drums and singing local folklore music until around midnight. Feel free to learn about the stars constellation or just enjoy the silence of the desert under the crystal clear skies.
DAY 2 :
(8 HOURS DRIVE)
Early in the morning, your camp hosts will wake you up to watch the sunrise.
After breakfast, ride your camels again to meet your vehicle and driver on the main road.
From here, we depart to Ouarzazate, where we will stop for lunch at a local café, and visit Taourirt Kasbah (optional – depending on timing, entrance fees apply).
Early in the afternoon, we drive back to Marrakech crossing the High Atlas Mountains.
Your shared budget 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora will end in Jamaa Elfna Square at about 19h00 in the summer and 20h00 in the winter.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO: Group 2-day desert tour from MarrakechPs: Standard desert camp included in the tour price of 65 Euros is very basic. Should you wish to stay at a comfortable camp with hot showers and guaranteed private tent , there is a supplement of 15,00 Euros per person.
- - Please note the above driving times do not include time for sightseeing, lunches, drinks, and photos
- - This tour is perfect for easy-going travellers with limited expectations. Otherwise a private tour would suit you much better
- - Your luggage is welcome on this Marrakech to Zagora trip. It will be safely stored at the van while camping in the desert
- - Please make sure you prepare a small backpack / rucksack for the camel ride and overnight in the camp
- - Please bring your own bathroom condiments and towel for the camp
- - Hat, sunglasses, good walking shoes and wet napkins are of good use during this tour.
- - Please wear jeans, trousers or long shorts for the camel ride to have a comfortable trek in Zagora desert
Pick up from your hotel / Riad on the tour day ( or the nearest accessible point )
A/C modern minibus driven by an English / French driver
Overnight at Zagora dunes desert camp including camel trekking, dinner and breakfast. ( Private tents can only be guaranteed if you upgrade to the comfortable camp ).
- Lunches on the way
- Optional local guide in Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou - €3 per person
- Personal expenses
You May Also Like
Shared 3 Day Marrakech to Merzouga Desert Tour