Go on a private tour from Marrakech to Agafay desert and experience the beguiling desert beauty located an hour drive from Marrakech. Navigate through the desert of Agafay pristine desert landscapes, accompanied with your skillful driver / guide to enjoy an electrifying ride through vast desert tracks with high and deep lows.
Marrakech to Agafay Desert day tour highlights:
- Journey through the dramatic landscapes of Agafay Desert on a 4x4
- Ride camels across Agafay desert
- Enjoy a delicious Moroccan Tagine lunch under Bedouin tents
- Learn about the Berbers culture and traditions
- Follow the path of dry rivers to Lalla Takerkous lake
Marrakech – Agafay Desert
If you can only spare a day to get the feeling of the Moroccan desert landscapes and lifestyle, Agafay Desert day trip will be your best choice.
Meet your driver / guide at your hotel and drive Southeast past orange, olive and peach farms until you reach the moon-like arid hills of Agafay Desert.
From here, you will drive off the beaten track across. As you proceed further, you find yourself surrounded by the rugged dunes and rocky scene of Agafay desert. Cross dry rivers, canyons and oases. Drive past Berber villages and watch flocks of sheep passing by.
After a cup of Mint tea, get ready for an hour camel trek followed by a delicious Moroccan Tagine lunch served under a nomad tent. In the afternoon, you continue you continue to Lalla Takerkoust Lake located at the other end of Agafay desert. This lake is served as a water reservoir supplying Marrakech with drinking water. On the horizon, you will witness the majesty of the High Atlas Mountains full of snow most of the year.
Late in the afternoon, we return back to Marrakech and your Agafay day trip will come to an end with drop off at your hotel.
- Pick up from your Marrakech hotel
- A/C modern 4x4 driven by an English speaking driver / guide.
- 1 hour camel ride
- Mint tea
- 3 course lunch with mineral water
Know Before You Go:
- Children under 12 are advised to ride a camel with an adult.
- Please dress comfortably, jeans or long shorts are recommended.
- Avoid skirts while ride a camel in Marrakech, it will not help you have a smooth camel trek experience
- Do not forget your hats, sunscreen and sunglasses
- This camel ride experience is not recommended for pregnant women, people with back and neck pain