Marrakech sunset camel ride in Agafay desert
Exclusive sunset camel trek in Agafay desert
If you can only spare half a day to experience the long talked about sunset camel ride in Marrakech desert, this is the opportunity to seize while in Marrakech. This experience takes place in Agafay desert; just 45 minutes drive south east of Marrakech. Agafay is stony desert with splendid views of sand dunes-like hills, which will allow you enjoy a dramatic sunset view while sipping a cup of mint tea.
Here are the Agafay desert sunset camel ride tour highlights:
- Cross Agafay desert on the back of a camel
- Dress like Touaregs in a blue facial scarf and robe
- Climb to a view point to enjoy the sun setting over the horizon
- Taste a cup of mint tea in an authentic cosy setting
- Take amazing photos of your party riding camels with sunset as a backdrop
MARRAKECH SUNSET CAMEL RIDE IN AGAFAY DESERT ITINERARY:
- Half day :
Marrakech – Agafay desert 45 mn
Meet your driver at your hotel / riad and start a 45 minutes southwest of Marrakech across olive and orange farms to Agafay desert.
Upon arrival, meet your camel caravan, and get dressed like a nomad in a blue robe and a head scarf. After taking some photos with the new outfit, and getting introduced to your camel, start an hour camel ride across the amazing landscapes of the arid terrain which might contain green vegetation during a rainy spring season, but the views of the snow capped Atlas Mountains in the horizon is splendid.
Just in time for sunset, make your way to a high plateau where you will enjoy a cup of mint tea while watching the colour changing sun sets in the horizon.
Just before it gets dark, join your driver back to Marrakech for a drop off at your hotel / riad, or a location of your choice in the city centre.
- - Agafay is not a sand desert, it is a sand stone earth plateau
- - Children under 12 are welcome to ride the camel behind an adult
- - Blue scarf and robe are handed to you during the ride and for photos only, they are not to keep
- - Our camels are well-breaded and taken good care of. They were used to ride throughout history. You should not feel guilty for that.
- - Starting time of the tour depends on sunset time for each season. You will receive a pick up time 2 days prior to the trip.
- - Do not forget your sunglasses, sun screen and good walking shoes
- - Warm clothes are essential during the winter
- - Wearing shorts and skirts is not recommending during the camel ride
- A/C modern 4×4 or van driven by an English speaking river /guide
- Pick up from your Marrakaech hotel / Riad
- Agafay desert sightseeing
- 1 hour sunset camel ride
- mint tea in a Bedouin tent watching sunset in Agafay desert
- Drop off at your Marrakech hotel / Riad
Price per person
|Number of Participants||1||2||3||4||5||6-7||8-10||11-14||15-17|
|Price per person||125€||75€||65€||55€||49€||45€||39€||35€||29€|
You May Also Like
Private Day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate & Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou