Fes to Marrakech desert tour 4 days
The Fes to Marrakech desert tour is your ideal opportunity to combine to two tourist hubs of Marrakech and Fes with a road trip through Morocco Sahara desert. Travel from Fes to Marrakech on a four day tour driving through the Moroccan desert. Ride a camel in Erg Chebbi and spend the night at your Berber Sahara desert camp.
- Capture the essence of Morocco with a tour from Fes to Marrakech through Sahara desert
- Delve deep into Erg Chebbi Dunes on the back of your camel
- Witness the most spectacular sunset with colour changing dunes in the horizon
- Spend a night in a Sahara desert camp with crystal clear skies
- Discover Adobe Kasbahs and learn about Berbers lifestyle
4-day Fes to Marrakech desert tour itinerary:
DAY 1 : 7 HOURS DRIVE
FES – MERZOUGA
After breakfast at your riad or hotel, meet your driver / guide, and start your journey with a drive across the Saiss plains to Ifran, famous for its unique modern architecture, and a major winter holiday destination for the locals. Continue crossing Cedar forests to the Berber town of Azrou, located in the heart of the Middle Atlas Mountains. On your way, make a quick stop to watch some Barbary Apes roaming around and take some photos. From here we will carry on to Midelt, where we will stop for lunch. Midelt is the major commercial and agricultural centre in the area: Famous for its mining industry as well as modern apple farms. Early in the afternoon, we descend to Ziz Valley, well known for its eye-catching oasis full of date palm trees, and scattered Kasbah villages. From here, we will feel the desert approaching as we notice a sharp change in scenery. Late in the afternoon, we arrive to Merzouga and check into your lodge located at the edge of Erg Chebbi dunes. Dinner and overnight at your Merzouga lodge.
DAY 2 :
Merzouga – Erg Chebbi camping
After a late breakfast, and a lazy morning, meet your guide for a day of adventure in Merzouga area: Drive to Tisserdmine oasis and meet the nomads on your way there. Hunt for some fossils in the area and experience some sand bashing with your experienced driver. In the mid afternoon, meet your camel caravan for a unique ride over the color changing dunes. After a stop at the top of one of the sand dunes and watching the sunset in the horizon, we will continue to Your Sahara desert camp. Dinner will be served under the stars ( Weather permitting ), followed by a Tamtam drum session entertained by local nomads.
DAY 3 : 5 HOURS DRIVE
MERZOUGA – BOUMALNE DADES
In the morning, you have the option to wake up early and climb one of the nearby sand dunes to watch a spectacular sunrise before breakfast. Ride your camel back to the main town and meet your driver. Then today’s adventure will commence with a visit of the holly town of Rissani, the birthplace of the founder of the dynasty ruling Morocco until today. While there, you might want to visit the local dates market and learn about to varieties of delicious dates Tafilalet Region is famous for. We continue to Tinghir, a former military bastion during the French occupation, and Berber Village inhabited by a big Berber Jewish community until 1660s before they mostly immigrated. Local Berbers inherited silver jewellery craftsmanship from the Jewish community and visiting their shops is really worth it. Meet your local guide and take a walk along the oasis next to the stream, watching locals herding goats or working in their fields. End your walk with a stunning view of Todgha Canyons, a series of a 400m high limestone river canyons. Late in the afternoon, continue to Boumalne Dades for dinner and overnight at your hotel.
DAY 4 : 6 HOURS DRIVE
BOUMALNE DADES – KASBAH AIT BEN HADOU – MARRAKECH
Just outside Boumaln Dades, lays the Valley of the Roses. If you are visiting during spring, just open your car window, and the Damascus Roses smell will strike you! You can seize the opportunity to visit an artisanal rose water distilling facility. From here, take the road of 1001 Kasbahs to the oasis of Skoura. Walk to Kasbah Amridil, one of the best preserved Kasbahs in Morocco, and now serves as a sort of private museum. If you are keen to learn about Berbers culture, architecture and amazing irrigation techniques, a guided visit of the Kasbah is really worth it. Continue to Ouarzazate, for quick stop before we reach the nearby Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou. It is one of the world heritage sites of Morocco, and one of the most visited sites of the country. Its unique earthen architecture served as a set to various Biblical epics and blockbusters. Meet your guide and take a walk across the river to visit the Village. After lunch at one of the local cafes, we head towards Marrakech driving through the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi Ntichka pass. By late afternoon, we reach Marrakech, and your 4 days tour from Fes will come to an end with a drop off at your hotel, riad or a location of your choice.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- - This tour can be tailored to a 3 or 5 days Fez to Marrakech desert tour if you wish
- - Tour price is per person and it depends on how many passengers in your party
- - Driving times above do not include stops for sightseeing, photos, lunch and cafe
- - Pick up from Fes can be flexible during spring and summer
- - Local guides and entrance fees ( if any ) are not included. You pay for those directly to the suppliers.
- A/C modern 4×4 or van driven by an English speaking river /guide
- Pick up from your Fes hotel / Riad
- First night in Merzouga lodge including dinner and breakfast.
- Sunset camel ride in Erg Chebbi
- Overnight at a Saharara desert camp in Erg Chebbi ( Private tent ) with shared bathrooms – Showers available in the morning at the camp operator’s lodge – Dinner and breakfast are included.
- Sunrise camel trek in Erg Chebbi
- Breakfast at the camp operator's lodge in Merzouga or at your Sahara desert camp (Luxury camp upgrade only)
- Sand boarding
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an ensuite tent available upon booking your desert tour ( €70 per person )
- Second night at Auberge Panorama or Hotel Babylon (Private A/C ensuite room) with dinner & breakfast
- Drop off at your Marrakech hotel or the closest accessible location to your riad if not car accessible.
- Entrance fees if any
- Local guides if any
- Lunches on the way
Price per person
|Number of Participants||1||2||3||4||5||6||7-9||10-13||14-17|
|Price per person||875€||495€||390€||340€||290€||265€||250€||230€||190€|
You May Also Like
Marrakech to Chefchaouen via Sahara desert and Fes
Marrakech to Merzouga Desert Tour – 4 days
Toubkal summit and Sahara desert trek – 5 days