The main reason for so many to fly to Marrakech is to do a Morocco desert tour, and how to choose the right budget shared Marrakech desert tour would be essential for a great shared budget Morocco desert experience.
– First you need to pick a tour organized by a licensed insured tour operator, not just a transportation company, which does it illegally. There are different ways to tell whteher the company is licensed to organize Morocco desert tours, the main two are the physical address, as illegal companies do not have a physical address, and also the office phone number and fax ( which starts with a +2125………….), not a mobile number ( which starts with a +212 6……… )
– Some will be confused what shared Marrakech desert tour to book, but to narrow your choices, the main factor is time : How much time you have to spare for your desert trip ? for some, they think one day can introduce them to the desert, this might be true, but only if they can afford a helicopter trip to Erg Chebbi or Erg Cheggaga. Otherwise, a day trip to Ouarzazate is not really worth it, you’ll spend most of the time driving, and at the end you’ll realize that is not the desert.
– For those who can spare 2 days, then a 2 days buddget Marrakech desert trip to Zagora would introduce you to the Moroccan desert. Please note that it is as well tiring, and long driving hours are involved, but the scenery is great : Tichka pass and the high Atlas Mountains, Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, Ouarzazate, Agdz and Draa Valley, then Tinfou dunes. An overnight at a nomad tents camp in Tinfou with a camel trekking activity is included in this trip.
– The next cathegory of shared Moroccan desert excursions departing from Marrakech is a 3 days shared Marrakech desert tour to Merzouga and Erg Chebbi. This trip is the most popular among all Marrakech shared desert tours, it involves a night in Boumalne Dades and the second night in Erg Chebbi dunes with a camel trek are also included. The down side of this great trip is the last day driving hours all the way from Erg Chebbi to Marrakech.
– For those who are real desert fans, and have 4 days to spare for a desert trip, then a 4 days Morocco desert tour from Marrakech to Erg chebbi and Zagorathe tour that will awaken your senses and leave you breathless with its amazing landscapes taking your time to admire. The trip inculudes a combination of Zagora and Merzouga with an overnight at Erg Chebbi camp with a camel trek.
For those who can afford a private Marrakech desert trip, or who come in a set group, a tailored trip would work even better for them, as there are other parts of the Moroccan desert not as popular as Zagora and Merzouga because of accessibility and the fact that they can not be included in a big tour of Morocco :
– Erg Cheggaga can be combined with Foum Zguid via Iriki Lake in 4 days, a 4X4 is essential.
– Other tours combinig both Erg Vhebbi and Erg Cheggaga can be tailored in 5 days or more
– A combination of the Sahara desert and the southern oases along with Taroudant and the Atlantic coast to Essaouira can also be arranged on a private basis for a week.
– For those who combine both Marrakech and Fez, the best way to visit the Sahara desert is by doing a Marrakech to Fes desert tour or a desert tour from Fes to Marrakech which can both last 3 or 4 days depending on your time. This trip is best done on a private basis.
Marrakech Desert Trips is specialized in both tailor made, private and shared budget Morocco desert tours , and will be glad to assist you with all your enquiries and questions regarding their private and shared Marrakech desert tours.0