Private day trip from Marrakech to Essaouira
An exclusive escape to the fishermen town of Essaouira
Enjoy a private day trip from Marrakech to Essaouira, a lovely and calm seaside town that is only two hours and a half away from Marrakech. Visit the famous port with its blue boats and flocks of seagulls flying above, and let the sea breeze refresh you as you walk on top of the Skala du port and along the 6km long sandy beach. Treat yourself to a delicious seafood lunch, and take a walk in the old Medina of Essaouira.
Marrakech to Essaouira day trip highlights
- Discover the coastal town of Essaouira on a day trip
- Admire a rare scene of goats climbing Aran trees
- Learn about Argan oil processing at a ladies artisanal factory
- Visit the Medina of Essaouira with its bastions and labyrinthine streets
- Walk to the fishing port and enjoy a delicious seafood lunch
- Enjoy a walk on the sandy beach of Essaouira
PRIVATE DAY TRIP TO ESSAOUIRA ITINERARY
08H00 - 19H00 :
6 Hours drive
Start your Day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech at 08h00 am. Cross the Houaz Planes towards the village of Sidi Lmokhtar just West of Marrakech.
You will have a coffee break and continue past the unique Argan trees forest located in this area. This is where you will find goats climbing trees in search of Argan nuts, a wonderful and rare sight to behold.
You can stop at a local cooperative that processes Argan oil before continuing to Val d’Argan, a vineyard that was established by a French wine connoisseur. Should you choose so, you can partake to some wine before leaving to Essaouira.
Upon arrival, you will meet your local guide who will introduce you to the city. You will visit the Medina, the Mellah (old Jewish quarter), the Kasbah (old military bastion), and the fishermen port.
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. In the afternoon, you will be free to enjoy the city, with its beautiful beaches and relaxed mood, enjoy a cup of coffee or mint tea at the famous Place Moulay Elhassan while listening to atmospheric Gnawa music being played.
After that, your driver will take you back to Marrakech. Your Marrakech to Essaouira day trip will come to an end around 18h00, as your driver will drop you off at your hotel or riad.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO: Day Trip from Marrakech to Essaouira
- - Essaouira is a windy most of the year ( especially in the afternoons ), a light jacket on the side will be very useful.
- - Flip flops are not recommended, especially in the port, as there will be spills of water all over the harbor.
- - Local guide in Essaouira is included for a couple hours. After lunch, feel free to explore the city and the beach at leisure.
- - We offer English / French speaking guides. Other languages are available upon request, further fees might apply.
- - We recommend to avoid the seafood stalls at the entrance of the port, as you will always end up with a surprise at the end paying your bill.
A/C modern vehicle driven by an English / French speaking driver
Local guide English speaking guide in Essaouira.
Pick up and drop off at a location of your choice in Marrakech
- Lunch & beverages
- Entrance fees if any
- Personal expenses
Price per person
|Number of Participants||1||2||3||4||5||6-7||8-10||11-14||15-17|
|Price per person||189€||95€||69€||59€||49€||39€||35€||30€||27€|
You May Also Like
Private Day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate & Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
DAY TRIP TO THE ATLAS MOUNTAINS FROM MARRAKECH