Private Day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate & Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
CROSS THE HIGH ATLAS MOUNTAINS TO THE GATE OF THE SAHARA
This full day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate & Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou is ideal for those of you who cannot spare more than one day to get a sneak of Morocco Sahara desert. Take this round trip of 400 km across the Atlas mountain range via the Tizi Ntichka pass at an altitude of 2269 meters above sea level. Marvel at the brilliant landscape views dotted with Berber villages. Visit the legendary fortified Berber village of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou and its sister town of Ouarzazate famous as the Hollywood of Africa.
Marrakech to Ouarzazate day trip ghlights
- Drive across the High Atlas Mountains
- Enjoy the scenery of snow capped Atlas peaks and Tizi Ntichka Pass
- Explore the Berber fortified village of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
- Visit Ouarzazate and its film studios
Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou & Ouarzazate day tour from Marrakech itinerary
- 07H00 - 19H00 :
Marrakech – Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou – Ouarzazate
Your private full day tour of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou and Ouarzazate will start early in the morning ( 07h00 AM ) with a pick up from your hotel /riad.
Drive east of Marrakech crossing the windy high Atlas Mountains and Tizi Ntichka pass. Numerous stops will be made along the way to enjoy the views, take photos, stretch your legs or drink a cup of coffee.
Visit Ait Benhaddou village (where Star Wars were filmed). UNESCO as one of the world’s cultural treasures has classified the fortified village of Ait Benhaddou. It is studded with crenelated towers and its buildings decorated with geometrical motifs and are considered to be one of the most beautiful villages of this kind in Morocco. A program of restoration work is currently under way to encourage the population of the village, which is at present inhabited by just five families.
From here, continue to Ouarzazate, which marks the beginning of the Sahara desert. Visit Taourirt Kasbah. This former Glaoui residence, situated on the edge of the town, on the road to Morocco Sahara desert, is considered to be one of the most beautiful kasbahs of Morocco. It consists of a maze of luxury apartments, simple clay houses and crenelated towers, which are lavishly decorated with geometric motifs. Part of the fortified village is open to the public.
After some time at leisure for a cup of mint tea or coffee, drive back to Marrakech later in the afternoon while crossing the High Atlas Mountains.
Your Full day trip from Marrakech to Ouarzazate and Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou will end late in the afternoon by a drop off at your hotel or in the city center.
- - Please kindly note that 8 hours drive are involved in this trip, not counting stops
- - Atlas Film Studios in Ouarzazate might not be available to visit in certain times due to film crews using the whole studio
- - Entrance fee to the Atlas and CLA film studios are 60 Dirhams per person ( Not included )
- - The journey to Ourzazate is very tiring, please make sure you are ready to spend 8 hours in the car before you book this trip
- A/C modern vehicle driven by an English speaking driver / guide
- Pick up / drop off at your hotel/ riad
- Guided tour of Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou
- Lunch & beverages
- Entrance fees to the film studios
- Entrance fees to Taourirt Kasbah in Ouarzazate
Price per person
|Number of Participants||1||2||3||4||5||6-7||8-10||11-14||15-17|
|Price per person||199€||99€||70€||55€||45€||40€||35€||25€||23€|