Shared Day trip to Ourika Valley from Marrakech
ENJOY A DAY TOUR TO THE ATLAS MOUNTAINS & THE BERBER COUNTRYSIDE!
A day trip to Ourika valley from Marrakech is one of the most popular Marrakech excursions. You will follow the trails of the Berbers of Morocco and explore the Atlas Mountains, Berber Villages and markets, and hike to the western slopes of High Atlas Mountains.
|Price per person :||17€||Days of operation:||Daily||Number of participants:||17 Max|
Here are the Marrakech to Ourika Valley day tour highlights:
- Enjoy a scenic drive on the way to Ourika Valley with a splendid view of the Atlas Mountains in the horizon
- Drive past various adobe Berber villages and eventually visit one
- Hike to the waterfalls of Setti Fadma
- Treat yourself to a Berber Tagine next to the stream
Below is the Shared budget bay trip to Ourika Valley itinerary:
1 DAY : 3 HOURS DRIVE
Marrakech – Ourika Valley – Merzouga
Your full day excursion to Ourika Valley will start at 09h00 AM with a drive across the Houz Plains, and stop at local ladies Argan oil cooperative to see how this liquid gold is extracted and some cosmetic fine products are made.
From here, we will continue to Tnin Ourika, one of the largest Berber Souks in the area, where all the Villagers from the Ourika Valley come once a week to trade & buy their goods.
From here, we will follow Ourika river driving next to the stream up to the Berber village of Setti Fatma, where most of the locals in Marrakech escape to summer heat and spend a day under the shades of the walnut trees.
For those who would like to explore the Valley on foot, local hiking guides are available for hire to walk you to some stunning cascades and back. If you fancy a lazy day, relax at one of the cafés on the riverbank and enjoy the rest of the day listening to the sound of the stream with the High Atlas Mountains as a backdrop.
Local cafés are available for a light lunch and can accommodate all budgets.
Drive back to Marrakech late in the afternoon where your day trip to Ourika Valley will end with a drop off at your hotel or Jamaa Elfna Square.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO: Ourika valley group tour
- - This is a group shared tour, you will have an English speaking driver
- - Local guides in Setti Fama are available to hire at your own discretion
- - A minimum physical fitness is required to climb to the waterfalls
- - People at the Berber house inviting you for a visit and cup of mint tea are expecting a tip
- - Good walking shoes are required.
- - Ourika is pretty clod in the winter ( colder than Marrakech )
- - Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and wet napkins are recommended
- Transportation in an A/C modern van with an English speaking driver
- * Pick up / drop off at your hotel or the main Square
- Lunch & beverages
- Local guide
You May Also Like
Half day Marrakech quad biking and camel ride
Half day Marrakech Quad biking experience